axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Brown" <matthew.br...@viecore.com>
Subject RE: Two questions - BOM in UTF-8, and manually cleaning XML
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 14:01:11 GMT
Hi all,

I hate to do this, but can anyone please help me with either of these issues? I've tried to
upgrade Xerces to 2.8.0 but to no avail.

Is there anything else I could be doing?

What about the possibility of programmatically editing/cleaning the response XML before it
is given to the parser?

Thanks
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Brown [mailto:matthew.brown@viecore.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 12:41 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Two questions - BOM in UTF-8, and manually cleaning XML

1. From searching the mailing list archives, I see several references to people having problems
with Byte Order Mark characters appearing before the prolog in their UTF-8 messages. However
I can't seem to find much of a known resolution to these issues. Is there a standard/common
workaround for these BOM and UTF-8 issues?

2. If there is no answer to my #1, is there anyway that Axis will allow me to pragmatically
edit the response XML before it is passed to the parser and de-serialized? I've tried adding
Handlers, but I'm assuming that the Handler comes into the picture after the message is parsed,
because my Handler is only ever seeing the request message, and not the response.

Thanks
Matt Brown