axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ruchith Fernando" <ruchith.ferna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thread-safe problems with Rampart
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:29:53 GMT
Hi Roy,

We found a rampart-1.0 thead safety problem sometime back. This is
fixed in the latest SVN and you can try the latest nightly releases.

If you are tryign the latest nightly rampart-SNAPSHOT[1] then you also
need the latest wss4j-SNAPSHOT.jar[2] and the axis2-rahas-SNAPSHOT[3]
along with the latest axis2 nightly distros[4].

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://people.apache.org/repository/axis2/mars/rampart-SNAPSHOT.mar
[2] http://people.apache.org/repository/wss4j/jars/wss4j-SNAPSHOT.jar
[3] http://people.apache.org/repository/axis2/jars/axis2-rahas-SNAPSHOT.jar
[4] http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/


On 7/20/06, Reshef Roy <roy_reshef@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ruchith,
>
> I have an Axis2 client webapp which determines which
> Axis2 Services it should call (according to own
> "capabilities" mechanisms) and then spawns threads,
> each one calling an Axis2 Service synchronously using
> ServiceClient.sendReceive().
> Problem is, that sometimes 2 or more services are
> located on the same Axis2 server (actually, within the
> same ServiceGroup), then - usually the first time I
> have to invoke the services since the start of Tomcat
> (but sometimes also other times), one service fails,
> sometimes more than one. The failure is always on the
> Server side.
>
> My security configuration is either "TimeStamp
> Signature" (1) or "Timestamp Signatrure Encrypt" (2),
> according to the user's request (encryption yes/ no);
> of course, the client side and the server side are
> using the same security configuration. When I invoke I
> invoke either only services of type (1), or of type
> (2).
> I am sure it is a thread-safe issue, as if I invoke my
> services syncronously (by calling Thread.run() myself
> i.s.o Thread.start()) I have no problem whatsoever.
>
> I saw a mail on this issue, or a similar one; but i'm
> not sure if it was about the client side or the server
> side. Is there a new version of Rampart which I can
> download and try out?
>
> Hereunder you have 2 stack-traces:
> NullPointerExceptions at different methods of
> WSDoAllReceiver. The second one (II) happens only with
>
> "Timestamp Signatrure Encrypt" (2), the first one
> happens with both configurations.
>
> I
>
> 2006-07-20 13:37:12,796 [http-8080-3] ERROR
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/axis2].[AxisServlet]
>  - Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw
> exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceiver.java:195)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.security.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:82)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:473)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:445)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:284)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:136)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:833)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:639)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1285)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 2006-07-20 13:37:12,968 [http-8080-3] ERROR
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/axis2].[jsp]
>  - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:70)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:92)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.init(JspConfig.java:197)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.findJspProperty(JspConfig.java:249)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:112)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:295)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:465)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:363)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.status(StandardHostValve.java:284)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.throwable(StandardHostValve.java:228)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:134)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:833)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:639)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1285)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
> II
>
> 2006-07-20 13:34:18,015 [http-8080-2] ERROR
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/axis2].[AxisServlet]
>  - Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw
> exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.verifyTrust(WSHandler.java:869)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceiver.java:260)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.security.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:82)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:473)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:445)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:284)
>         at
> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:136)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:833)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:639)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1285)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> 2006-07-20 13:34:18,140 [http-8080-2] ERROR
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/axis2].[jsp]
>  - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:70)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:92)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:76)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.init(JspConfig.java:197)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.findJspProperty(JspConfig.java:249)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:112)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:295)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:563)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
>         at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
>         at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:465)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom(StandardHostValve.java:363)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.status(StandardHostValve.java:284)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.throwable(StandardHostValve.java:228)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:134)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:833)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:639)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1285)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> / Roy
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>


-- 
www.ruchith.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: axis-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org


Mime
View raw message