axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Re: AW: How to access the SOAPHeader
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:37:32 GMT

Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> We didn't want to put any restriction on a user who wanna write a simple
> java class and expose that as a web service. Thats been the case so far.
> I hope you can understand that it will make the most common and simple
> case simple.
> And I don't see a single reason behind the service impl being dependent
> on the web services engine being used. So thats why we didn't wanna
> define a contract for the service implementor to implement.

Sorry Chintaka, but I think I miss something here. Why does implementing
an Axis2 interface makes your service more implementation dependent than
adding a method that receives an Axis2 parameter?

Once you need to pass an OperationContext instance you are
implementation dependent, aren't you?.

Regards,
Rodrigo Ruiz

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol
07120 Palma de Mallorca        mailto:rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - EspaƱa              Tel:+34-971435085 Fax:+34-971435082
http://www.gridsystems.com