axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Krishan Jayawardhana" <thri...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Newbie Question , Can't get the response !!
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:41:29 GMT
Hi,
    I am very new to Axis 2 and after going through the documentation
, i wrote a add service to get used to axis2. I wrote the service
class and generated the wsdl from it using using the Java2WSDL tool ,
and client stubs using WSDL2Java tool. After I deployed the service, I
get an exception saying "java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected
subelement return" , which is generated in the Clint stub. What is the
cause of this exception ? am I implementing the client and the service
the correct way ? Thank you very much in advance ....
     ~ Krishan

---------------------------------------- Service Method

public static OMElement add ( OMElement elem )
    {
       Iterator iter = elem.getChildElements();

       OMElement root = (OMElement)iter.next();

       Iterator iter2 = root.getChildElements();
       String param1Str = ((OMElement)iter2.next()).getText();
       String param2Str = ((OMElement)iter2.next()).getText();
       int answer = Integer.parseInt(param1Str) + Integer.parseInt(param2Str);

       OMFactory factory = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
       OMNamespace ns1 = factory.createOMNamespace
("http://services.axis2.test/xsd","ns1");

       OMElement responce = factory.createOMElement("addResponse",ns1);
       OMElement result = factory.createOMElement("return",ns1);
       result.setText(String.valueOf(answer));

       responce.addChild(result);

       return responce;

    }

------------------------------------------ Client Code

            AddServiceStub service = new AddServiceStub(null,
"http://localhost:7077/axis2/services/AddService");
            AddServiceStub.Add paramOne = new AddServiceStub.Add();

            OMFactory factory = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
            OMNamespace ns5 =
factory.createOMNamespace("http://somenamespace","ns5");
            OMElement paramArray = factory.createOMElement("root",ns5);

            OMElement arg0 = factory.createOMElement("argO",ns5);
            arg0.setText("2");

            OMElement arg1 = factory.createOMElement("arg1",ns5);
            arg1.setText("3");

            paramArray.addChild(arg0);
            paramArray.addChild(arg1);

            paramOne.setElem(paramArray);

            AddServiceStub.AddResponse responce = service.add(paramOne);

            OMElement returnValue = responce.get_return();

            System.out.println(returnValue.getText());