axis-java-user mailing list archives

From studium-...@web.de
Subject [axis2] service scope :: static instance variables
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:19:44 GMT
Hi to all,

I'm just wondering about the following:
- my service is of scope REQUEST
- in the service I have some static instance variables like the messageContexts and some configuration
properties.

While debugging I realize, that my service-class has an individual Object-ID for every imcoming
request. That's what I exspected ;)
But concerning my static property-variable it is of the same ID throughout several service
requests.
The static messageContext-variables have a new ID with every request, too. So that's ok for
me - like I'd exspected it.
The only "problem" is the configuration-property, which seems to be cached somewhere.

Sorry, for this being a fundamental question on Java. But to my Java-knowledge I thought that
static variables have the scope of the parents objects lifetime.

I would be happy, if someone could clarify this.

Thanks so far

Bille