axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Will the engagement of Rampart module secure binary attachment sent using MTOM?
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:55:28 GMT
Hi,

> You should be able to secure MTOM messages using (engaging and
> configuring) Rampart but you will have to specify the "optimizeParts"
> configuration to MTOM optimize the base64 content after security
> processing.
>
> Note that the original MTOM attachments will appear as base64 text in
> place of the <xop:include> elements.

AFAIK , original attachments will appear as base64 if the user has not
specified "optimize parts". User can configure those encrypted data (which
is the result of the encryption) to be send as a binary mtom attachment by
specifying the "optimizeParts". Axis2+Rampart will automatically decode the
base64 in to binary in that case.

Doing that will reduce the size of the message.

HTH,
~Thilina

Thanks,