axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cyrille Le Clerc" <cyrille.lecl...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Is client-side Axis ( 1.3 ) thread safe ?
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 19:01:37 GMT
   Hello Jesus,

   Axis 1.x client thread safety has been discussed on the mailing
list under the subject "Generated Stub Thread-safe?" (2006-01-19) :
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=113771126214607&w=2

Here is an abstract :
   "If you use stateless soap calls, the simplest pattern is to use :
- a single instance of the serviceLocator (acts as the stub factory)
- to instantiate one new instance of the stub for each call and then
throw this instance away
   If you use stateful soap calls, the simplest pattern is to use :
- a single instance of the serviceLocator (acts as the stub factory)
- to instantiate one new instance of the stub per session, perform the
calls and then throw this instance away"

   Hope this helps,

   Cyrille
--
Cyrille Le Clerc