axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David Illsley <david.ills...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: ReplyTo is not working
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:50:42 GMT
"Munir Badir" <mbadir@mercury.com> wrote on 06/29/2006 03:03:21 PM:

> Eran, thanks for answering the question.
> The bottom line is:
> -----------------
> I'm trying to use the ReplyTo header. So I'll be more than thankful
> if you can send me the simplest example for calling a service on
> HTTP and getting response back via HTTP using the ReplyTo node in
> WS-Addressing.
>
> About the question:
> -----------------
> I tried to use the ReplyTo header using the Axis2 userguide samples.
> In the Axis2 samples\userguide there is an example of a service
> called MyService which has three methods: echo, ping and pingF
> package userguide.example1;
<snip />
> }
> I wanted the result of the echo method call to be sent to the
> MyService service, and call the ping method. So I added the following
> options.setReplyTo(new EndpointReference("http://localhost:
> 8080/axis2/services/MyService"));
> In the EchoNonBlockingDualClient so that the result of the echo call
would
> be sent to MyService service, and changed the result of the echo method
to be
> ping element (for calling the ping method of MyService).
<snip />
> Maybe I don?t understand the whole point around the ReplyTo, but I
> expected that the EchoNonBlockingDualClient will call the MyService.
> echo() method and the result of this call would be sent to the
> MyService with the ping action, calling the ping method.
> But the ping method was not called at all.
>
> Thanks,
> Munir

Munir,
I think I understand your scenario:
        You want to invoke a service and have the result sent to (and
processed by) another service.

I have a couple of comments based on this:
 1. For that scenario you don't need a 2-way client as there will never be
a response to the client (it should go to the ping service).
 2. The scenario isn't currently supported by Axis2. I proposed a patch to
support it a while ago that received some objections and I've been meaning
to follow it up. This has reminded me about it and I'll follow up soon.
 3. There is a ReplyTo based scenario which Axis2 does support, namely an
asynchronous 2-way invocation where the response is sent back to the
initiating client on a second connection though I don't think this matches
what you're trying to do. (I think its what you've based your client on)

David