axis-java-user mailing list archives

From HGreenbl...@portware.com
Subject Vectors return empty
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:50:52 GMT
Hi,
I am new to Soap/Axis.
I have really gone thru a lot of the doc, and searched the archives. But
while I can get a simple soap req/resp. going, when I try to return a
Vector, it always
comes back empy. It does come back as a vector.  I am using Tomcat5, and
Axis 1.4.  The return function for testing is

 public Vector removeUpdates() {
    Vector copyvec = new Vector();
    copyvec.add("One");
    copyvec.add("Two");
    copyvec.add("Three");

    System.out.println("Vector=\n" + copyvec.toString());

      return copyvec;
  }

The vector does print to the Tomcat console so is seems it should come
back ok.  Here is the wsdd.
            xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
            xmlns:AddStrat="http://www.soapinterop.org/AddStrat"

 <service name="AddStrat" provider="java:RPC">
 <namespace>http://www.soapinterop.org/AddStrat</namespace>
        <parameter name="scope" value="application"/>
  <parameter name="className"
value="com.portware.soap.strat.StratAdvisor"/>
  <requestFlow>   <handler type="soapmonitor"/>   </requestFlow>
  <responseFlow> <handler type="soapmonitor"/>  </responseFlow>
 </service>

    <beanMapping qname="AddStrat:StratItem"
        languageSpecificType="java:com.portware.soap.strat.StratItem"
        xmlns:ns2="http://www.soapinterop.org/AddStrat"         />
      <beanMapping qname="AddStrat:Vector"
                        languageSpecificType="java:java.util.Vector"/>

</deployment>

In TcpMon I see
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:34:22 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Connection: close

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ns1:removeUpdatesResponse soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns1="
http://www.soapinterop.org/AddStrat">
            <removeUpdatesReturn href="#id0"/>
         </ns1:removeUpdatesResponse>
         <multiRef id="id0" soapenc:root="0" soapenv:encodingStyle="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xsi:type="ns2:Vector"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:ns2="
http://www.soapinterop.org/AddStrat">
            <empty xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</empty>
         </multiRef>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

Could anyone see any problems or things to try. This seems pretty straight
forward.

Howard Greenblatt
hgreenblatt@portware.com
212-5714660x2133