axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Price, Stephen" <stephen.pr...@terranua.com>
Subject RE: Is Axis Ws-I compliant
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:32:31 GMT
Hi Davanum, thanks for that. So what you are saying is that we should be OK
using axis once our service and wsdl are WS-I compliant ? Can you recommend
any tools for testing whether our wsdl/schema is WS-I compliant ?
Thanks,
Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Davanum Srinivas [mailto:davanum@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 June 2006 11:18
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is Axis Ws-I compliant

No toolkit is ever 100% compliant. Yes, it is possible to write a WS-I
compliant service and client using some of the toolkits including
Axis/Axis2. Did you understand the distinction? The key is tesing with
WS-I compliant testing tools and tweaking the wsdl and schema to make
sure they are complaint and cross checking sample messages on the wire
to make sure they are compliant.

-- dims

On 6/23/06, Price, Stephen <stephen.price@terranua.com> wrote:

> Hi, just starting  for the first time developing a component to
communicate with a web service. Our  client has sent us the wsdl and we were
going to use Axis to convert the wsdlto  java to call the web service. Our
client has told us that we shouldn't use axis  as their service is WS-I
compliant, whereas Axis is not. I am not 100% sure  about this. Can anyone
tell me ?

Davanum Srinivas : http://people.apache.org/~dims/