axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Xinjun Chen" <xjchen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: passing objects of subtypes
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:05:56 GMT
As far as I know, xsi:type attribute is only added for rpc style
service invocation.
I never see xsi:type in document style service. If Axis2 do this way,
it means the serializer will add the xsi:type attribute. So does it
mean that the serializer/deserializer is Axis2 dependent?

By the way, when InterfaceType is used, what I am expecting is that
abstract attribute is set to true like the one in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#abstract, so that xsi:type attribute
is forced in the XML instance.

But in the WSDL generated by Java2WSDL does not contains a line like
<xs:element type="stn_1:InterfaceType1" name="InterfaceType1" abstract="true"/>

Can any Axis2 guru explain that?

Regards,
Xinjun