axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Doug B" <ummmm...@gmail.com>
Subject No such operation
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:58:05 GMT
We're doing a "contract-first" implementation with a customer, using
Document-Literal from handwritten WSDL and Schema.  We are the client and
our customer the server.  The Schema has elements (and types) defined for
each request and response message, and the WSDL uses single elements for
each message part, named "request" and "response", with single input and
output elements for the operations.

We've used this same approach with a .NET customer and had no issues.
However, this particular customer is using Axis (1.2 beta 3 because of his
particular version of JBoss) and it reports that it's trying to call an
operation whose name is actually the name of our request element.  Doing a
little digging, it almost looks like Axis has decided to use something like
wrapped style, which we're not using.

Any ideas on the cause of this?  How we can resolve it?

(I realize the customer's Axis is not current, and I'm going to pursue with
him whether he can update to at least the last release level of 1.2, but I'm
not sure that will make any difference.)

Relevant excerpts from the definitions:
...

<xsd:element name="SuccessfulRenewalRequest"
type="doi:SuccessfulRenewalRequestType"/>
<xsd:element name="SuccessfulRenewalResponse"
type="doi:SuccessfulRenewalResponseType"/>

...

<wsdl:message name="SuccessfulRenewalRequestMessage">
  <wsdl:part name="request" element="doi:SuccessfulRenewalRequest"/>
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:message name="SuccessfulRenewalResponseMessage">
  <wsdl:part name="response" element="doi:SuccessfulRenewalResponse"/>
</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:operation name="SuccessfulRenewalOperation">
  <wsdl:input message="tns:SuccessfulRenewalRequestMessage"/>
  <wsdl:output message="tns:SuccessfulRenewalResponseMessage"/>
</wsdl:operation>
...

And from the messages (captured with TCPMon):

SOAPAction: "**ns removed**/SuccessfulRenewalOperation"
Content-Length: 732

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
      <soapenv:Body>
         <SuccessfulRenewalRequest
xsi:type="ns1:SuccessfulRenewalRequestType" xmlns="**removed**"
xmlns:ns1="**removed**">
           ...
            ** 6 sequence fields removed **
           ...
         </SuccessfulRenewalRequest>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

...

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/
">ns1:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>No such operation
'SuccessfulRenewalRequest'</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <ns2:hostname xmlns:ns2="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">**servername
removed**</ns2:hostname>
         </detail>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

i.e. Axis appears to be using the main element in the Body, not the
SOAPAction, as the Operation name.

Doug

Mime
View raw message