axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Miller, Janet" <Mille...@pbworld.com>
Subject RE: Problem deploying web service
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:42:31 GMT
Yup, you were right.  My AXISCLASSPATH was wrong although I had looked
at it 100 times yesterday.  Simple mis-typing of the directory name was
driving me crazy!!  I just knew it was something more complex that
THAT!!

It's working now and my WS is deployed.

Thanks,
Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Ethridge [mailto:bethridge@UpToDate.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:56 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Problem deploying web service

It is my understanding that this is not a show-stopper error unless you
are using soap with attachments.  If you are using attachments, you need
to copy these jars from sun's website:

activation.jar
mail.jar

... place them in your axis/lib dir. Example:

/axis-1_2_1/lib

I couldn't find this documented anywhere at Axis. I learned it from Kent
Tong's excellent book: "Developing Web Services with Apache Axis".

In your particular case my guess is it's a problem with your
AXISCLASSPATH, since you say you already have them in the lib dir. Get
another pair of experienced java eyes to look at your AXISCLASSPATH.  It
will probably be something simple...in hindsight, it usually is, but
when it happens, even experienced programmers struggle with it often
enough. There's just an awful lot of trees in the forest these days :-)

Ben