axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Enrico Silterra <es...@cornell.edu>
Subject deploy of 'embedded' axis (1.3) ? help!
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:20:17 GMT
I am adding some services to an implementation of axis,
that is defined as a servlet, living within an application,
that has implemented it's own XXXAxisServlet, inheriting from AxisServlet.
The services need to have access to data in the application context and
this is the best way to do this. Anyway, it is the cleanest. Fine..

So, I think, I just jar up my classes, put them into the application
lib directory. Okay .. I get that..
Then I deploy.

But I don't quite understand how the 'deploy' happens.

the deploy wsdd says:
... <!-- or -->
    java org.apache.axis.utils.Admin client|server deploy.wsdd   -->
<!--      from the same directory that the Axis engine runs  -->

Anyway, what is there to deploy on the 'client'?
is this the home directory of the servlet?
the classes directory of the application?
the doc-base of the application?
the WEB-INF of the application?
I am befuddled, and so I TYIA
Thanks,
Rick Silterra

******************************
Enrico Silterra
Meta Data Engineer
107-E Olin Library
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853

Voice: 607-255-6851
Fax:     607-255-6110
E-mail: es287@cornell.edu
http://www.library.cornell.edu/cts/
"We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal, and then leap in
the dark to our success."  - - Thoreau