axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Jones" <Tjo...@metamatrix.com>
Subject RE: NullPointerException in MessageContext.setEnvelope(MessageContext.java:681)
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:52:01 GMT
I  just added it.

Thanks,
Ted
________________________________

From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:atmanes@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 6:19 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: NullPointerException in MessageContext.setEnvelope(MessageContext.java:681)

Dims just filed a JIRA about this issue a day or two ago.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-837
Please add your use cases to the JIRA.

Thanks,
 Anne

On 6/23/06, Ted Jones < Tjones@metamatrix.com> wrote:

	Martin,

	Here is the WSDL:
	<definitions name="widgetServices" targetNamespace="http://com.widgets/test"
	    xmlns:tns="http://com.widgets/test"
	    xmlns:schema1="http://www.widgets.com/bqt_Output">
	   <types>
	      <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://com.widgets/test" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
	         <xsd:import namespace="http://www.widgets.com/bqt_Output" schemaLocation="http://chicago:8080/test/servlet/ArtifactDocumentService/test/bqt_Output.xsd"
/>
	      </xsd:schema>

	   </types>
	   <message name="bqt_SMALLA_getSMALLA_Input">
	      <documentation>Input message for operation bqt_SMALLA/getSMALLA.</documentation>
	   </message>
	   <message name="bqt_SMALLA_getSMALLA_SMALLA_OutputMsg">

	      <documentation>Output message for operation bqt_SMALLA/getSMALLA.</documentation>
	      <part name="bqt_SMALLA_getSMALLA_SMALLA_OutputMsg" element="schema1:SMALLA_Output"
/>

	   </message>
	   <portType name="bqt_SMALLA">
	      <operation name="getSMALLA">
	         <input name="Input" message="tns:bqt_SMALLA_getSMALLA_Input" />

	         <output name="SMALLA_OutputMsg" message="tns:bqt_SMALLA_getSMALLA_SMALLA_OutputMsg"
/>
	      </operation>
	   </portType>
	   <binding name="bqt_SMALLA" type="tns:bqt_SMALLA">

	      <soap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
/>
	      <operation name="getSMALLA">
	         <soap:operation style="document" soapAction="bqt_WS.bqt_SMALLA.getSMALLA" />

	         <input name="Input">
	            <soap:body use="literal" />
	         </input>
	         <output name="SMALLA_OutputMsg">
	            <soap:body use="literal" />

	         </output>
	      </operation>
	   </binding>
	   <service name="widgetsDataServices">
	      <port name="bqt_SMALLA" binding="tns:bqt_SMALLA">

	         <soap:address location="http://chicago:8080/test/services/service" />
	      </port>
	   </service>
	</definitions>

	Here is the WSDD:

	<deployment name="test" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
	            xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
	            xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">
	  <!-- note that either style="message" OR provider="java:MSG" both work -->

	  <service name="service" provider="java:MSG">
	    <parameter name="className" value="com.widgets.soap.lds.service.DataServiceWebService"
/>
	    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="executeDataservice" />

	  </service>
	</deployment>

	I am executing a web service with no input parameters so the SOAP body is empty like so:

	   <soapenv:Body/>
	</soapenv:Envelope>

	I am getting an NPE returned before I even hit my Web Service, so I am assuming the exception
is happening in Axis somewhere (I'm not seeing a stack trace). Here is the response:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<soapenv:Body>
	  <soapenv:Fault>
	   <faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>
	   <detail/>
	  </soapenv:Fault>
	</soapenv:Body>
	</soapenv:Envelope>

	I get this using Coral and Systinet as my clients. When I generate an Axis client, I do not
get an NPE but I get a node added to my body with the operation name in it (which I don't
want to see as my logic depends on the body to be empty when no inputs are provided).

	Any help would be greatly appreciated!

	Thanks,
	Ted Jones