axis-java-user mailing list archives

From femke <fem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: char is referenced but not defined
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:47:24 GMT

oops....what I meant is that the java includes a char variable and the
Java2WSDL translates this to type=DefaultNamespace:char, which the WSDL2Java
doesn't recognise and produces the following error

java.io.IOException: Type {http://DefaultNamespace}char is referenced but
not de
fined.at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Symbol
Table.java:665) at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:545
) at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:518) at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:495) at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:361)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

so if I manually change the type=DefaultNamespace:char to type=xsd:anyType
it works ok (although I haven't quite got to trying the service out to see
if it actually works)

so I'm guessing that the char variable isn't recognised ...and as you
mentioned it isn't in the xsd specification....so for some reason the
java2wsdl tool translates this to type=DefaultNamespace:char and not to
type=xsd:byte or type=xsd:anyType

Does that sound right?

thanks for your help,

femke