axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Justin Miller" <jumil...@utah.gov>
Subject IBMFakeTrustSocketFactory
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:32:09 GMT
I'm trying to use a self-signed certificate to connect to an endpoint
via SSL.  However, when I set the axis.socketSecureFactory property to
org.apache.axis.components.net.IBMFakeTrustSocketFactory, I get a
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate
found.

This same code works with the SunFakeTrustSocketFactory and the Sun JDK
1.4.  I've cracked open the source for both FakeTrustSocketFactory
classes and they are very similar.  The problem seems to be coming from
the org.apache.axis.components.net.SocketFactoryFactory.getFactory
method.  It always returns the JSSESocketFactory even if I specify the
IBMFakeTrustSocketFactory.

Environment:

IBM JDK 1.4
Axis 1.3

Has anyone experienced this same issue?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Justin Miller