axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Warren Crossing <warren.cross...@nec.com.au>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] J2EE Support
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 01:53:09 GMT
I use axis1-4 for ws based auth and session management, this ties
directly into my sessionbean using the providers and handlers from axis1-4.

If the context has a session then it talks to the same session bean
serviceobject.  If the context has credentials then they are passed into
jni to look up the ejb service object.

What I hope get from this architecture is container based transaction
and security support without exposing transactions or neccessarily
security through the wsdl. I could add another handler to map security etc..

I noticed when the session is reaped on timeout that remove() is not
called on the session bean.  I might clone EJBProvider and implement
ServiceLifecycle so I can call remove() on the destroy() event.

So why go to this effort in architecture to essentially pass the buck to
the next component? I am essentially exposing a call-control sip stack
through the ws. I have no place to do any core logic, or event routing,
in the ws layer or in the stack as they both maintain session state and
transactions in completley different ways, ie cookies and dialogs.

What I really want is a transactional context to say "detect the call
has ended ! debit close the session and modify some database state,
handle failure case, make endpoint callbacks etc" which I can't get from
the sip stack (aka black box) and don't trust the web server to do
(reliably).

Another reason is I automagically get pooling of service objects. Sure I
have to authenticate twice a session, once in the ws and once in jni -
ejb, but I don't have to worry about dos and cross host usage.  I don't
really need session failover but that's another point for the ejb
container (if supported).

I also get ejb timers facility and concurrency and synchronization. So I
think its a win for coupling the two architectures togeather.

IMHO WS is not an application framework it's just another
remoting/messaging technology primarily for .NET and monkey JEE interop.
Otherwise why not just use IIOP? It's much faster! =)

Interested in your feedback.