axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Javier Ramos <ra...@parsec.es>
Subject Configure axis client to return logged response instead of connecting to remote service port
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:51:44 GMT
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if someone has faced the same need that I have now...

I have some code that makes use of information retrieved via a web
service client, and then does some processing on this information.
This application logs in files every request and response that the web
service client exchanges with the remote endpoint.
I need to debug some problems in the logic that processes the received
information.

To do this, I need to get exactly the same response in my client that
created the problems.
Now, it is not always possible to contact the provider of this web
service to have them create the same conditions in their application
that generated a given response.

What I need is to tell my web service client to generate the object
structure that represents the response using the data in a local file (
one of the logged responses, which I know created the issue  ), instead
of going to the remote endpoint to obtain it.

I am sure someone out there has faced a very similar need...
A feature like this can save a huge amount of debugging time for complex
applications that make use of web services clients...

I am using axis 1.2.1 as the client runtime.

Does anybody have any experience / ideas about this ?

I would be very glad if you could share them...

Thanks in advance for replies,

Javier Ramos