axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] How to initialize settings on startup of the service
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 05:28:28 GMT
Just add the following method and it will be called when ever service
get initiated.

public void init(ServiceContext sctx){
}

Depending on the scope that you are trying to deploy your service the
number of times that init method call may vary.As an example if you
deploy the service in application scope then it will be called once else
it will be more than once.

studium-sbr@web.de wrote:

>Hi to all,
>
>how do you initialize settings on startup?
>
>I'd like to set some configurations on the service start; e.g. setting the path of log-file,
which I have to do absolute. Therefore I need to access the configurationContext to get the
real path of the service location.
>I put a static initializer in my service implementation; this is called on startup. But
AFAK at that time I have no possibility to access the MessageContext, or any other context.
>I tried o put an init(incomingMessageContext) in my service, but this method never seems
to be called. The "first" possibility to access the context-hierarchie is the setOperationContext()
which is called whenever a service method is called.
>At which point the init() is called?
>I don't like to do the settings at any operation call.
>
>Could anyone clearify this please ?!
>
>Thanks to the community
>
>Bille

Thanks,