axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Ethridge" <bethri...@UpToDate.com>
Subject RE: https with WS
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:32:16 GMT
Sorry. Don't know. I've only been working with 1.x so far. Have you
googled the error in the log? Or maybe someone who knows 2.x could help.

Ben

  _____

From: Vineet_Vashisht@abercrombie.com
[mailto:Vineet_Vashisht@abercrombie.com]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 10:13 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: https with WS

Ben, thanks for the reply. Yours was one of the posts that I had read
before eventually posting the email. The article you referenced was one
that I had worked with in the past.

I am still very unclear on how the whole SSL works with WebServices. The
axis 1.1 is working but I am not sure if I even set up all the
certificates etc. correctly. it just somehow works. As far as the Axis
2.0 client goes, I am beginning to think it might be something unrelated
to authentication and certificates altogether.

I just get a transport error - unknown from axis. I have tried a few
things to try to give it more information (changing axis2.xml) but they
have had no impact.

Looking at the actuall SOAP requests generated, I can see that axis1.1
uses HTTP 1.0 and Axis2.0 uses HTTP1.1 . Do you think that could cause a
problem?

The person who hosts the WS says he is receiving no traffic from me
whatsoever. When I change the endpoint to oint to a generic https site,
the message that I get back shows me that I WAS able to at least reach
that generic https site. Somehow the WS host never sees anything at all.

"Ben Ethridge" <bethridge@UpToDate.com>

06/23/2006 10:05 AM

Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

<axis-user@ws.apache.org>

cc

Subject

RE: https with WS

Hi, Vineet. Did you see my post from a couple of days ago on this?

  _____