axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Hoffer" <DHof...@xrite.com>
Subject RE: [axis2] How to write the implementation class
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:36:22 GMT
Deepal,

Thanks for the reply and link it is very helpful!  Regarding this
approach I have a couple of questions.

- Is there any rules/requirements of the POJO's, such as, can the
methods return other custom Java objects?  Can the methods throw
Exceptions?  Is there any need to make these objects JavaBeans?  (I see
in the link example the service class is not.)
- Can I specify the session management scope of the web-service?  I
understand Axis2 lets you control the session management via the scope
parameter.

I will try to implement a solution using the embedded technique you
mentioned and then possibly move to the OMElement/AXIOM approach when I
have a better understanding.

Regarding your original reply, I do not fully understand your statement
"...not need to modify (or change) your method to pass/return
OMElement, you can use any java object as method signatures in your
service impl class. To get the high performance it is the best way to
use AXIOM."

Can you provide a link where this is explained?  Being new to Axis2 I do
not understand the relationship of 'any java object as method signatures
in your
service impl class', 'pass/return OMElement usage' & AXIOM.

-dh