axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <subir.sasiku...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: [Axis 1.2] WSDL2Java for HTTPs url throws exception.
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 04:49:39 GMT

OK I will try again a few other scenarios to see whether that is correct.

Thanks for the reply.

Subir S
Wipro Technologies,
Survey No: 64, Madhapur,
Hyderabad-500081, AP
tel: 040-30795137

Want a signature like this?  <http://www.plaxo.com/signature>

________________________________

From: Remy Bertrand [mailto:remysylvie.bertrand@free.fr]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:16 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis 1.2] WSDL2Java for HTTPs url throws exception.

The problem is not that WSDL2Java cannot resolve IP address, it's that https protocol enforce
that the name of the certificate must correspond to the server host.

If you generate the certificate with name topaz.subir.com, you have to give this name to WSDL2java,
not the IP address.

If you were doing that in a browser, you would have an alert because the name in the certificate
doesn't correspond to the hostname. In a Java program, this is an exception...

And lasts, your client probably uses the host name in his own code, thats why he can connect
to the service.

Rémy