axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Mall <man...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A concrete axis + ssl client example.
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:37:44 GMT
On Friday 16 June 2006 21:07, subir.sasikumar@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess if you use the stubs generated using WSDL2Java then there is
> nothing much to do. Set the trust store property and trust store
> password property before invoking the client. Just leave the other
> properties as default it self.
>
>         System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",
> "c:\\TraceLogs\\tempstore.jks");
> System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "temp123");

For client authentication you usually the the keyStore and
keyStorePassword properties not the trustStore. The keyStore contains
your key and the corresponding certificate presented to the server. The
trustStore contains certificates of the servers you trust. Actually
typically not the certificates itself but the CA certificates. The CA
trustStore that comes with your JDK/JRE contains many of the commonly
used CA certificates (Verisign and the like) and normally you don't
need to make any changes to it.

        System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStore", "<path to
keystore>");

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword", "<password>");

works for me to use SSL client authentication.

The biggest complication typically is to get your keyStore sorted out.
The details of that depend on how you your private/public key pair and
from that your certificate is issued to you. This topic is however way
off this list.

> -Subir S

Manuel