axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Taylor, Clarence B" <Clarence.Tay...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Axis fault....where to begin...resolved
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:50:01 GMT
I though I would post this out of completeness, just in case anyone else
ever has a similar problem, perhaps my bread crumbs will help.

The bottom line, is that my build environment compiled the java classes
as 1.5, whereas my deployment environment was running java version 1.4.

I got no indication of this until I started paring down the wsdd file,
by incrementally removing first the array-mapping, then the
type-mapping.  It then deployed, but still no indications.  Then when I
tried to do a list services from the axis web page where it says, and
now some services, it came back with nothing.  Then when I looked in
stdout for the tomcat server in my deployment site I saw the following

- Servlet.service() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
com/ca/zos/jobs/server/ExecutingJobsSoapBindingSkeleton (Unsupported
major.minor version 49.
0)

I knew from some earlier pain, that this meant I had to provide the
target=1.4 on my javac when I compiled my classes on my development
environment (I had switched to Ant to build the deployment, instead of
just copying the classes from my eclipse environment).

Brad Taylor