axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis and XML Schema (help)
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 18:46:55 GMT
Diego,

I'm confused by what you're trying to do. You're correct that the SOAP spec
doesn't *require* use of the XML Schema type system, but it's the only type
system that's been defined. (SOAP Encoding is based on XML Schema.) Even if
all you do is pass strings back and forth, you still need a way to identify
the fact that the type you are sending is a string (xsd:string or
soapenc:string).

More to the point,  the Axis serializaton engine supports only XML Schema of
Java/XML type mapping. If you "disable" XML Schema, then Axis won't be able
to map java objects to XML and back again.

Can you explain to us why you want to disable XML Schema?

Anne