axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dan Washusen" <dan.washu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2: Unexpected subelement fees
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 04:33:22 GMT
Interesting, so how do I specify a null value for brokerage?

I found http://redrice.com/schemavalid/faq/xml-schema.html#c2 but it seems a
little cumbersome/crap...

On 5/12/06, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com> wrote:
>
> And the new error is very likely because your SOAP message has an empty
> <ns1:brokerage/> element, which is not valid for an xsd:decimal value.
>
>   - Dennis
>
> Dan Washusen wrote:
>
> > Thanks for that Sanjiva, you were spot on.  I did have the elements
> > out of order in the SOAP envolope...
> >
> > I'm not getting:
> >
> >         [junit] Testcase:
> >     testprocess(org.apache.axis2.RetrieveClientDetailsTest):  Caused
> >     an ERROR
> >         [junit] java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
> >         [junit] java.lang.RuntimeException:
> >     java.lang.NumberFormatException : For input string: ""
> >         [junit]     at
> >     org.apache.axis2.RetrieveClientDetailsStub.fromOM(
> RetrieveClientDetailsStub.java:345)
> >         [junit]     at
> >     org.apache.axis2.RetrieveClientDetailsStub.process(
> RetrieveClientDetailsStub.java
> >     :114)
> >         [junit]     at
> >     org.apache.axis2.RetrieveClientDetailsTest.testprocess(
> RetrieveClientDetailsTest.java:24)
> >         [junit] Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input
> >     string: ""
> >         [junit]     at
> >     java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(
> NumberFormatException.java:48)
> >         [junit]     at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:415)
> >         [junit]     at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:452)
> >         [junit]     at
> >     org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertTolong(
> ConverterUtil.java:269)
> >         [junit]     at
> >     au.com.nxf.www.nxfmessagetypes.ClientDetailsType$Factory.parse(
> ClientDetailsType.java:571)
> >         [junit]     at
> >
> au.com.nxf.www.retrieveclientdetails.RetrieveClientDetailsProcessResponse$Factory.parse
> (RetrieveClien
> >     tDetailsProcessResponse.java:149)
> >         [junit]     at
> >     org.apache.axis2.RetrieveClientDetailsStub.fromOM(
> RetrieveClientDetailsStub.java
> >     :337)
> >         [junit]     ... 17 more
> >
> >
> > But that's probably a whole new issue...
> >
> > As a side note, if any of the Asix2 developers are listening.  You
> > could possibly improve the user friendliness of Axis by making the
> > exceptions a bit more informative...
> >
> > e.g. "Unexpected subelement fees, expected element contact.  It's
> > possible the SOAP envelope doesn't adhere to the XSD" or something...
> >
> >
> >
> > On 5/12/06, * Sanjiva Weerawarana* <sanjiva@opensource.lk
> > <mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 12:21 +1000, Dan Washusen wrote:
> >     > Hi All,
> >     > I'm getting a weird error and I was hoping someone could tell me
> >     what
> >     > I'm doing wrong because I have no idea what's going on...
> >
> >     >
> >     >               <xsd:element name="company" type="xsd:string"
> >     >         nillable="true"/>
> >     >               <xsd:element name="abnacn" type="xsd:string"
> >     >         nillable="true"/>
> >     >               <xsd:element name="cmtAccount1Id" type="xsd:long"
> >     >         nillable="true"/>
> >     >               <xsd:element name="cmtAccount2Id" type="xsd:long"
> >     >         nillable="true"/>
> >     >               <xsd:element name="contact" type="ContactType"
> >     >         nillable="true" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
> >     >               <xsd:element name="address" type="SiteType"
> >     >         nillable="true" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
> >     >               <xsd:element name="fees" type="ClientFeesType"/>
> >
> >     So according to your schema, before the <fees> element, there must
> >     be at
> >     least one <contact> element and an <address> element.
> >
> >     >         <ns1:company/>
> >     >         <ns1:abnacn/>
> >     >         <ns1:fees>
> >     >         <ns1:lineFee>7.5</ns1:lineFee>
> >     >         <ns1:shortFee>10</ns1:shortFee>
> >     >         <ns1:brokerage/>
> >     >         <ns1:interestRate> 5.75</ns1:interestRate>
> >     >         <ns1:rebate/>
> >     >         </ns1:fees>
> >
> >     But the SOAP message doesn't have it. It looks like whoever
> generated
> >     the SOAP envelope is not adhering to the schema.
> >
> >     Sanjiva.
> >
> >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message