axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Junaid.Bha...@mro.com
Subject [Axis2] Providing custom WSDL
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 16:17:01 GMT

Hi all,

I'm deploying my Web Service using the RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver and
providing my own WSDL in the META-INF folder. However the WSDL that is
returned from the ?wsdl URL is different than the original one,
specifically the <wsdl:binding> and <wsdl:service> portions are changed.
What is the rationale behind this? I can see that 2 additional bindings
have been added, SOAP12 as well as REST. However I see a couple of
problems:

1) The <soap:body> element specifies a namespace even though it is a
doc/literal binding. This is disallowed explicitly by the WS-I Basic
Profile 1.1
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#Namespaces_for_soapbind_Elements

2) The bigger issue though is the endpoint addresses. I'm integrating Axis2
webapp within my larger application (EAR) and would like to use a different
webapp context than 'axis2'. However the endpoint addresses in the
generated WSDL have axis2 hard-coded in them & are of the form
http://machine:80/axis2/services/MyService

even though my Web Service is deployed at a different URL and the original
WSDL that I provided had the correct endpoint address
http://machine:80/mywebapp/services/MyService

- Junaid