axis-java-user mailing list archives

From kku...@firstenergycorp.com
Subject Out Parameters for my service
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 13:30:47 GMT

Hello All,

I have a remote function method in SAP which is exposed as a webservice
(rpc - encoded)by webMethods (a tool). Based on the WSDL that webMethods
provided, I used WSDL2Java to create my proxies/stubs. From the generated
code, I saw that to invoke the service, I need to pass about 123
parameters, 3 of them are input parameters and the rest are StringHolder
parameters which the service would fill in and return. But of those return
parameters, I really need only about 6 or 8 of them, the rest are all not
useful to me.

So, my question is how can I avoid making a method call with 120+
parameters and instead send just 3 input. I don't want to construct 120
StringHolder objects.

Do I have any alternatives? Is there a way to get a xml (with all
parameters) instead of all parameters separately? If yes, do I need to ask
the webMethods developer to change his web service implementation to return
xml instead of out parameter?

Please advice.
Thanks,
KKumar

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.