axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel.Kripp...@porsche-engineering.de
Subject [AXIS 2.4] webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes in classpath
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 08:35:54 GMT

      Hi List,

I have got two axis-questions:
 - when I put the <TOMCATDIR>/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes directory in
tomcat's classpath, I get the exception below when trying to access axis's
Service List page. I'd want the directory in the classpath, though, because
one of my classes depends on being able to find other class files in that
path.

 - I have two services - one simple service for messing around with and
trying out things, and a more complex one that it's all about. Now I deploy
the simple service and copy it's class files to axis's classes directory,
everything works fine. Then I remove the associated class file and restart
axis, which generates an exception when I try to access the service. So far
as expected. But when I correctly deploy the complex service (and copy the
class files, etc.), then remove its class files and restart axis, it
silently removes the complex service from it's configuration and that's it.
No exception, nothing. Why? I did expect both cases to behave the same...

Aside from my growing pains, I really like this piece of software - to all
developers who read this: thank you very much for all the work!
      Daniel

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet AxisServlet
threw exception

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

             java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/encoding/Deserializer
             java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
             java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
             org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils$2.run(ClassUtils.java:177)
             java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:160)
             org.apache.axis.utils.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:100)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDTypeMapping.getLanguageSpecificType(WSDDTypeMapping.java:183)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.deployTypeMapping(WSDDService.java:542)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.initTMR(WSDDService.java:253)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.<init>(WSDDService.java:233)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.<init>(WSDDDeployment.java:192)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.setDocument(WSDDDocument.java:139)

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<init>(WSDDDocument.java:65)

org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java:179)

             org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:172)
             org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:156)
             org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.<init>(AxisServer.java:88)

org.apache.axis.server.DefaultAxisServerFactory.createServer(DefaultAxisServerFactory.java:109)

org.apache.axis.server.DefaultAxisServerFactory.getServer(DefaultAxisServerFactory.java:73)

org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.getServer(AxisServer.java:73)

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngine(AxisServletBase.java:185)

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getOption(AxisServletBase.java:396)

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.init(AxisServletBase.java:112)

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:156)
             javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

             java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

____

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards
Daniel Krippner
Software Entwicklung

Porsche Engineering Services GmbH
Abt. PE-EE
Etzelstraße 1
74321 Bietigheim-Bissingen
Germany

 Tel. PAG     +49 (0) 711 / 911 88430

 Tel. PES     +49 (0) 7142 / 986 158

 Fax.         +49 (0) 7142 / 986 4158

 Mailto       Daniel.Krippner@porsche-engineering.de

 Web          www.porsche-engineering.com

There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands.
Mail ist geprüft.