axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ken Tam" <ken...@proteustech.com>
Subject RE: passing XML document as input parameter
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 22:45:18 GMT
Hi all,

There are quite a few postings on this topic. Another (preferred)
alternative is to pass XML as an attachment.

Regards,
Ken
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Suavi Ali Demir [mailto:demir4@yahoo.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:45 AM
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Subject: Re: passing XML document as input parameter

  Don't forget you might have xml as:

  "<formula>X &lt; Y</formula>"

  Now, if you process this string and make:

  "&lt;formula>X &lt; Y&lt;/formula>"

  When you reverse it, you will get:

  "<formula>X < Y</formula>"

  which is incorrect.

  So, you will need more escaping than just "<".

  Regards,
  Ali

  Xinjun Chen <xjchen001@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Dies,

    Thank you! You are right. In fact I can do that :-). Just need to
replace all "&lt;" by "<".

    Regards,
    Xinjun