axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hoda Nadeem" <hoda_nad...@bah.com>
Subject RE: Passing XML Best Practice
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 20:57:59 GMT

Good suggestion, but unfortunately, the schema, and the schemas it
depends on make it impractical to include in the WSDL.

It took XMLBeans 15+ mins and modification (to the schema) to generate
the data binding jars. So, for the sake of sanity, and handling the XML
cleanly, we decided it is better to pass the XML in raw form.

But we are not sure what the best practice is in this specific case. Is
attachments better, or one string.

Thanks.

Nadeem

________________________________

From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:atmanes@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 4:45 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Passing XML Best Practice

Why don't you import the schema into the WSDL?
It's always better to pass the XML within the SOAP envelope than to send
it as a string or as an attachment.

Anne

On 5/22/06, Hoda Nadeem <hoda_nadeem@bah.com> wrote:

	When dealing with raw xml data that needs to be passed through
web services (the XML schemas are complicated and big enough that we are
not including the types in the WSDL explicitly), is it better to:

	a. Pass the XML in a doc-literal web service through a string

	or

	b. Use SOAP with attachments to pass the XML through.

	Thanks.

	Nadeem