axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: axis2 client to WinFX service via tcp [was RE: HOW TO: get axis2 client tcp to find Addressing module]
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 20:30:23 GMT
HOW TO: get axis2 client tcp to find Addressing moduleRob-
This is a Shot in the dark but why not use AXIS 1.3 to ensure compat with NET 2.0 framework

go to server-config.wsdd with which you are deploying the services verify these parameters
to ensure compatibility with .NET
<global-configuration>
<parameter name="enable2DArrayEncoding" value="true"/>
<parameter name="dotNetSoapEncFix" value="true"/>
</global-configuration>

redeploy the AXIS 1.3 service so that it will pickup the new parameters

Finally when client is constructing the call the 3rd parameter is encoding and I suspect this
is NOT the encoding that is supported by the service
this is identified as the encoding attribute from the wsdl such as encoding="UTF-8"

Unfortunately without the WSDL you're flying blind..
Taking a quick peek at available charactersets I see UTF-8 and UTF-16 a more or less comprehensive
list is located at http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/xml/xdk/doc/production10g/doc/c/Getting_Started_C.html
I dont see any implementation of UTF816 which I would assume uses a transcoder

Finally if you dont need DBCS why not use UTF-8 supported here
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/

Anyone else?
M-