axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kar, Sagar \(Genworth, Contractor\)" <>
Subject RE: [Axis2] WS-Security: Security module isn't doing anything
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 15:11:26 GMT
Thanks Ruchith. You got it dot right. Too good man. 

Thanks and regards,
Sagar Kar 

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruchith Fernando [] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Axis2] WS-Security: Security module isn't doing anything


I think you are getting the " Request does not contain required Security
header" at the client because you have not engaged "rampart"
at the service by adding <module ref="rampart" /> in the axis2 xml that
ia available in axis2/WEB-INF/conf/ dir in Tomcat. (And please make sure
that you copy the "rampart-1.0.mar" into WEB-INF/modules as well. All
these steps are mentioned in the README.txt.

Now to the problem with your own client:
Did you used the same axis2.xml from the security sample's client_repo
in your client?

Assuming that you used the same axis2.xml as the security sample's
client then the only possible explanation is that you didn't properly
specify the system property. (I have the same code working in my IDE
(Eclipse) without a problem by specifying the "axis2.xml" system

Instead of using the system property you can modify the client code to
point to the axis2.xml when you create the configuration context as
shown below:

ConfigurationContext configContext =


On 5/24/06, Kar, Sagar (Genworth, Contractor) <>
> Thanks that helped. I changed from IBM to SUN jvm and it doesn't give 
> the error anymore.
> Now the problem. The sample that comes with the std dist.
> I deployed the web service on my tomcat.
> I have TCPMonitor running on my m/c to view the soap messages.
> As per the instructions in the readme.txt, that comes along with the 
> sample, I run "ant securitySample".
> There is the following exception. However, I am happy about it coz the

> security stuff is getting invoked.
> I looked at the soap xmls and there are plenty of security and address

> headers. I was happy to see them.
> So I went on and created a Java project and copied the 
>* files into my source folder.
> Then I extracted the sec.jks and and created a new jar 
> and added this new jar to the build path.
> Compiled and ran the Client class and passed the repo and port as 
> command line arguments and axis2.xml as a system property.
> To my surprise the web service call got invoked without any errors.
> At last, I thought, I can play around with the headers.
> So I went and looked up on the TCPMonitor. To my horror there were no 
> address or security header on it.
> I can't believe it ..... Its making me nuts. Since two days I have 
> been trying to make a client that generates some security headers. I 
> have enabled trace and am pasting the logs below the exception. I am 
> not concerned about the errors.
> I just want the headers to come up.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message