axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kar, Sagar \(Genworth, Contractor\)" <Sagar....@genworth.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] WS-Security: Security module isn't doing anything
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 15:11:26 GMT
Thanks Ruchith. You got it dot right. Too good man.

Thanks and regards,
Sagar Kar

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruchith Fernando [mailto:ruchith.fernando@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:36 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] WS-Security: Security module isn't doing anything

Hi,

I think you are getting the " Request does not contain required Security
header" at the client because you have not engaged "rampart"
at the service by adding <module ref="rampart" /> in the axis2 xml that
ia available in axis2/WEB-INF/conf/ dir in Tomcat. (And please make sure
that you copy the "rampart-1.0.mar" into WEB-INF/modules as well. All
these steps are mentioned in the README.txt.

Now to the problem with your own client:
Did you used the same axis2.xml from the security sample's client_repo
in your client?

Assuming that you used the same axis2.xml as the security sample's
client then the only possible explanation is that you didn't properly
specify the system property. (I have the same code working in my IDE
(Eclipse) without a problem by specifying the "axis2.xml" system
property.)

Instead of using the system property you can modify the client code to
point to the axis2.xml when you create the configuration context as
shown below:

ConfigurationContext configContext =
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(rep
o,
/path/to/your/client_repo_s/axis2.xml);

Thanks,
Ruchtih