axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Plater, Elizabeth" <epla...@classifiedventures.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2] HTTP Transport Receiver
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 16:39:59 GMT
Thank you for your response, but we are not using Axis as a standalone
web application. My question refers to the configuration of Axis in a
servlet container (Tomcat) for use by another application.

In other words, how can I replace the default HTTP receiver
(SimpleHTTPServer) with a more robust http server or a reference to
Apache Web Server?

We have trepidations about running axis2 using a non-production ready
web server process.

Has anyone else looked into this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruchith Fernando [mailto:ruchith.fernando@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 3:53 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] HTTP Transport Receiver

Hi,

You can use the Axis2 "War Distribution" [1] and deploy it in Apache
Tomcat.

Please refer to "Installing Axis2 in a Servlet Container" section of
the installation guide [2] to install the axis2.war.

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/ws/axis2/1_0/axis2.war
[2] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/installationguide.html#_Toc96698086

On 5/5/06, Plater, Elizabeth <eplater@classifiedventures.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the SimpleHTTPServer packaged with Axis2 and configured
as
> the default Transport Receiver for http requests is not
production-worthy.