axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Nightly May 30th] XMLBeans databinding still not working -- Classpath problem?
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 20:52:03 GMT
As for why this change fixed your problem, XMLBeans has a problem with
some of the StAX parsers (including the one used with Axis2 1.0). You
can view the discussion from the axis-dev list in the archive:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=114756956600001&r=1&w=2 (though the
response from Tatu Saloranta, the developer of the StAX implementation
used by Axis2, doesn't appear in the thread - he said the latest
consensus on the StAX side is that this method should return null for
the empty namespace). I suspect this means that until XMLBeans is fixed
it will only work with Axis2 when the schema definition has
elementFormDefault="qualified", though I haven't tried any tests to
verify this.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA, Web Services, and XML