axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Warren Crossing <warren.cross...@nec.com.au>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Best way to use skeleton?
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 22:52:44 GMT

vandenberget@aciworldwide.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I generate the server-side code from my wsdl, using wsdl2java, a
> skeleton class is generated that gets invoked by the (generated)
> MessageReceiver. From what I read, I understand that I'm supposed to
> implement my busines logic in the skeleton. But if I would do that, and
> for whatever reason re-run the wsdl2java, the skeleton is regenerated,
> hence by business logic implementation is gone! To me, it seems that in
> general, one should never manually change generated source code.

The skeleton is created for your convienience.  It will not overwrite
the implementation source code and you will receive a message to
indicate that.

> The only thing I can think of to minimise this problem is to treat the
> skeleton as an entry point, and only call the 'real' business
> imlementation, that I've created myself. However you would then typically
> end up with a skeleton and an implementation class that have identical
> methods (signatures), which doesn't seem very elegant to me.

One is an interface and the other is concrete, this is standard oo
remoting practice.

> Can't this be prevented somehow, e.g. by specifying the (existing)
> business class and method when invoking wsdl2java, so that the
> MessageReceiver will call that method, instead of calling the generated
> skeleton?

That would be nice, but at the moment i just use <copy> in my build
file. Crude but effective.