axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Generated element objects vs. business objects
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 20:50:08 GMT
Hi Tom,

Another option is for to you to use the JiBX data binding option with
Axis2. JiBX (http://www.jibx.org) lets you work with you existing data
classes, while also providing extensive control over how these classes
are converted to and from XML. The downside is that you have to create a
binding definition file that tells JiBX how to do these conversions.

There are tools to help in going from Java classes to a binding
definition and then to the corresponding XML schema, but these are
somewhat out of date - meaning they more or less work, but don't really
take full advantage of current JiBX features. There's another tool that
uses a schema to generate a set of Java classes and a corresponding
binding definition, but that's even more out of date. I'll be working on
improving these tools in June-July for a JiBX 1.2 release, which will
also include integrating the code generation tool with WSDL2Java.

Right now the WSDL2Java implementation of JiBX binding requires you to
have the Java classes and a binding definition already created, and just
links up the Axis2 code to your classes. I'm working on some
improvements to the WSDL2Java handling now (unwrapping the top level
structures to reduce the number of data classes), and once that's done
I'll post some examples. You can view the existing Axis2-JiBX
documentation at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_0/jibx/jibx-codegen-integration.html

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski