axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Diego Vaille <diegovai...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Axis and XML Schema (help)
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:49:00 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it's possible to use Axis and disable XML Schema for a while, and I'm not
getting very far. I dont think it's that easy to disable or not use XML Schema on Axis (at
least from what I've been reading), but I'm willing to try anything to keep Axis cause it's
a great tool.

I have a couple of questions that could help me guide on this and any reply would be of great
assistance:

1 - According to W3C SOAP specifications (http://www.w3.org/TR/soap/) it's not needed XML
Schema on a SOAP message correct?

2 - I just need to send string types from client to server and server to client, so the use
of XML Schema as far as I can see wouldn't be needed?

3 - If I use security on Axis (digital signature and soap encryption) would that make XML
Schema needed?

4 - Just rebuilding SOAPEnvelope and other SOAP elements on org/apache/axis/message/ and removing
XML Schema from the constructor would solve anything?

5 - If question 4 isn't correct, manually removing all XML Schemas on Axis source code and
recompile libraries for client and server will disable XML Schema without removing any important
features on Axis?

Here's my server WSDL I removed the xsd and xsi types from the elements but still XML Schema
is being addressed on Envelope also the binding on RPC and the encoding of my methods seems
to be using XML schema.

<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/PnPServer">
&#8722;
    <!--
WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.2.1
Built on Jun 14, 2005 (09:15:57 EDT)
-->
&#8722;
    <wsdl:message name="sipParametersRequest">
<wsdl:part name="name" type="soapenc:string"/>
<wsdl:part name="password" type="soapenc:string"/>
</wsdl:message>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:message name="sipParametersResponse">
<wsdl:part name="sipParametersReturn" type="soapenc:string"/>
</wsdl:message>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:portType name="PnPServer">
&#8722;
    <wsdl:operation name="sipParameters" parameterOrder="name password">
<wsdl:input message="impl:sipParametersRequest" name="sipParametersRequest"/>
<wsdl:output message="impl:sipParametersResponse" name="sipParametersResponse"/>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:binding name="PnPServerSoapBinding" type="impl:PnPServer">
<wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:operation name="sipParameters">
<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:input name="sipParametersRequest">
<wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="http://pnp"
use="encoded"/>
</wsdl:input>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:output name="sipParametersResponse">
<wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" namespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/PnPServer"
use="encoded"/>
</wsdl:output>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>
&#8722;
    <wsdl:service name="PnPServerService">
&#8722;
    <wsdl:port binding="impl:PnPServerSoapBinding" name="PnPServer">
<wsdlsoap:address location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/PnPServer"/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

 Navegue com o Yahoo! Acesso Grátis, assista aos jogos do Brasil na Copa e ganhe prêmios
de hora em hora.