axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][1.0] can't get ?wsdl with using RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 03:04:14 GMT
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 11:58 +0900, Inoguchi, Kinichiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't see WSDL via ?wsdl url, if I use RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver in
> my services.xml.
>
> Instead of WSDL, I got error message like below;
> <error>
>  <description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
>  <reason>Either user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or
> operations use message receivers other than RPC.</reason>
> </error>

This is by design right now .. the automatic generation of WSDL cannot
generate unless it knows how the Java class is designed (i.e., what its
assumptions are). If the message receiver is RPCMessageReceiver then it
knows that the XML messages are wrapping XML that represents the
parameters and hence can generate a WSDL.

If its RawXMLInOutMessageReceiever, the only WSDL we can generate is
rather boring: basically saying every element takes any element and
returns any element as no further information is available. Actually in
WSDL 1.1 you can't even represent that .. in WSDL 2.0 you can. Hence the
decision to print that warning when the message receiver is != the RPC
one.

Sanjiva.