axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sreedhar Chahanapally" <schahanapa...@waysystems.com>
Subject RE: Regarding overloaded methods in a WSDL
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 13:45:59 GMT
Thanks Anne.

Regards,

Helen.

  _____

From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:atmanes@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2006 9:01 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; schahanapally@waysystems.com
Subject: Re: Regarding overloaded methods in a WSDL

Note also that the WS-I Basic Profile [1] disallows overloaded messages:

4.5.3 Distinctive Operations

Operation name overloading in a wsdl:portType is disallowed by the Profile.

R2304 A wsdl:portType in a DESCRIPTION MUST have operations with distinct
values for their name attributes.

Note that this requirement applies only to the wsdl:operations within a
given wsdl:portType. A wsdl:portType may have wsdl:operations with names
that are the same as those found in other wsdl:portTypes.

[1]
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html#Distinctive_Op
erations