axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Wilkinson" <d...@iquo.co.uk>
Subject RE: [axis2] Getting Axis2 working under Websphere 5.1
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 14:59:50 GMT
Hi Robert

Thanks for that it has given me a direction to look-in.

I have also noticed that Websphere 5.1.x is not handling HttpServletRequest
parameters in a way that is expected, if a parameter is passed to the server
with no value the method getParameter is returning "null" and therefore the
wsdl is not being displayed but if I change the URL to
http://localhost:9080/Test/services/version?wsdl=true then the wsdl is
displayed as expected.

Thanks again

David Wilkinson

________________________________

From: robert lazarski [mailto:robertlazarski@gmail.com]
Sent: 25 May 2006 13:14
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [axis2] Getting Axis2 working under Websphere 5.1

I'll take a shot at trying to help...

My guess is that you are running WAS 5.1 using JDK 1.4 . If so, try putting
the stax-api jar that comes with axis2 somewhere in one of the lib
directories that WAS uses to find its jars. This jar should already be
present in the axis2 war.

This error would probably cause the war not to start, and somewhere (been a
few years since I ran WAS) there should be logs saying so. You can turn on
logging by putting an apropriate log4j.properties under
axis2/WEB-INF/classses , assuming the commons-logging is pointing to log4j .

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/