axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Monitor progress of an AXIS SOAP request and response over http transport
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:29:26 GMT
A namespace URI does *not* need to be resolvable. A namespace URI is simply
a name. Also, if you change the URI for the "soap" namespace to a local file
URL, (e.g., change xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" to
"xmlns:soap=file://fu/bar/fubar/") The WSDL parser will not recognize the
SOAP extensibility elements, and the WSDL won't parse properly. The only
URIs that must resolve to an actual URL are those used to locate Schema or
WSDL files (the location and schemaLocation attributes) in <wsdl:import>,
<xsd:import> and <xsd:include> statements.

Anne