axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Xinjun Chen" <xjchen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDL port and binding - are they one-to-one mapping
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:34:23 GMT
Hi Dies,
Thank you for your reply.
So we can say the mapping from port to address is one-to-one, if multiple
ports correspond to the same binding, that means they are simply alternative
addresses for the same service implementation. So they are just backup
addresses for each other, right? So it is at client program's discretion to
choose a port. If YourServicePortA is chosen, SOAPEnvelope is routed to
localhost, if YourServicePortB is chosen, the SOAPEnvelope is routed to
differenthos. Correct? It seems that this situation is just to provide a way
for two deployments of the same service on different machines to share WSDL.

Regards,
Xinjun