axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Edward Frederick" <epfreder...@gmail.com>
Subject Obtaining principal from the certificate used for SSL client-auth
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:05:21 GMT
Greetings,

I can't seem to find much of anything on this--hope someone can chime in.

In Tomcat, within my Catalina <Service, I have an SSL Connector that
does SSL authentication via truststore. i.e.:

 <Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100" scheme="https"
secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
keystoreFile="something.keystore" keystorePass="changeit"
truststoreFile="something.truststore" truststorePass="changeit"/>

Within this <Service, there is a Catalina <Engine with a localhost
<Host. My Axis services are being deployed by this host.

Everything works great in terms of authentication, etc. but I need to
be able to figure out -who- is connected within the WS invocation. In
short, I need to extract information that's normally derived from the
JSSE SSLSession/etc.

Any idea how I can pull this off cleanly with AXIS?

Thanks,

Ed