axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Szczygiel" <sebastian.szczyg...@openknowledge.de>
Subject RE: [Axis2][0.95] LoggingModule.mar cannot be loaded
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:36:01 GMT
All Axis2 modules must follow following filename conventions:

module-x.xx.mar

where x.xx is the version (e.g. logging-1.00.mar)

Best regards,
Sebastian

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali Sadik Kumlali [mailto:as_kumlali@yahoo.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 01:07
To: axis-user
Subject: [Axis2][0.95] LoggingModule.mar cannot be loaded

Hi Axis2 developers,

While trying to run logging sample, I faced with an interesting
problem. Let me explain the steps I took:

1) Put LoggingModule.mar under WEB-INF\modules
2) Put MyServiceWithModule.aar under WEB-INF\services
3) Added loggingPhase phase into axis2.xml found under WEB-INF\conf. I
did this by following the instructions found in
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/0_95/userguide4.html#Step_4:_Modify_the_%22ax
is2_xml%22.
Although I couldn't see any *green* thing ;-), replaced <phase
name=""/> with <phase name="loggingPhase"/>. Happily, this typo no
longer exists in SVN.
4) Started Tomcat 5.5 and called
http://localhost:8080/axis2/listServices.jsp.
5) Here is the exception I saw in the log file:
- Deploying module : addressing-0.95
- Deploying module : security-0.95
- Deploying module : LoggingModule
- Invalid service  MyServiceWithModule.aar due to Processing Operations
Modules logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested
exception is:
	org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module
is
invalid or has not been deployed; nested exception is:
	org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Processing
Operations
Modules logging module is invalid or has not been deployed; nested
exception is:
	org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: logging module
is
invalid or has not been deployed
6) Changed the name of LoggingModule.mar to logging.mar and tried
again. This time, everything went ok.
7) Also tried followings:
  - LoggingModule.mar --> Invalid
  - Logging.mar --> Invalid
  - logging.mar --> Valid
  - logging-0.95.mar --> Valid
  - my-logging.mar --> Invalid

IMHO, there is a control like fileName.startsWith(moduleName) and this
problem does not exists only for logging sample, but affects all the
module loading processes.

Just for your information.

Regards,

Ali Sadik Kumlali