axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Good way of notifying the clients to say "results are ready" in asynchronous messaging
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:35:11 GMT
Ali,

1) The scenario you describe seems correct to me. Event Notification is
a rather common pattern, and some specifications that can be of help are
WS-Eventing and WS-BaseNotification. Anyway, your scenario is simple
enough for, as Anne stated, WS-Addressing being enough to implement it.

2) The solution you are considering is basically correct, but putting
and EndPointReference to the  service will be better than a simple
service name. Shortly, it will safe you some programming at the client
side if you get a ready-to-use EPR ;-)

Some thoughts about your description:

- You should include an EPR in OpenAccountMsg, pointing to the service
that will receive the notification in the client side.
- Why do not you include the results in the event notification itself?

Regards,
Rodrigo Ruiz

Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> WS-Addressing.
>
> On 4/27/06, *Ali Sadik Kumlali* <as_kumlali@yahoo.com
> <mailto:as_kumlali@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I want to send a notification message to my clients when their requests
>     are processed and the results are ready. Then I expect them to call a
>     service to acquire the results. Here is the sample scenario:
>
>     server.wsdl
>     ------------
>     - OpenAccount
>         - input: OpenAccountMsg
>
>     - GetOpenAccountResult
>         - input: GetOpenAccountResultMsg
>         - output: GetOpenAccountResultResponseMsg
>
>     client.wsdl
>     ------------
>     - ResultIsReady (input only)
>         - input: ResultIsReadyMsg
>

>                           OpenAccountMsg (MessageId: A)
>     Client -----------------------------------------------------> Server
>

>                  ResultIsReadyMsg (MessageId: B, RelatesTo: A)
>     Client <----------------------------------------------------- Server
>

>             GetOpenAccountResultMsg (MessageId: C, RelatesTo: A)
>     Client -----------------------------------------------------> Server
>            <-----------------------------------------------------
>             GetOpenAccountResultResponseMsg (MessageId: D, RelatesTo: A)
>

>     Here are the questions:
>     1) Do you see any flaw in this scenario? Or is there a common and
>     standards based way to accomplish this kind of asynchronous
>     communication?
>
>     2) I haven't found a good way to say my clients which service do they
>     need to call for getting the results. I'm planning to put the name of
>     result service name (GetOpenAccountResultMsg) in notification message
>     (ResultIsReadyMsg).
>
>     Could you please enlighten me? Any help would be great!
>
>     Ali Sadik Kumlali

>     Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>     http://mail.yahoo.com

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol
07120 Palma de Mallorca        mailto:rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - EspaƱa              Tel:+34-971435085 Fax:+34-971435082
http://www.gridsystems.com