axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "DeRemer, Bob" <bob.dere...@sap.com>
Subject Java console application using Axis2 to host WS-I BasicProfile services - is it possible?
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:47:10 GMT
I know from a previous post that Axis2 supports hosting services in non-webserver applications
over other transports like TCP, JMS, etc.  Is it also possible to host WS-I BasicProfile services
(i.e. HTTP transport, text messages) outside the webserver?  I ask because this is something
that can be done in .Net using WinFX or using ASMX2 + WSE3 + XP SP2 (i.e. I can host the HTTP
runtime in a host other than a formal webserver).

I'm just curious if this is an option because I am designing a system where I need a stateful
java application - non webserver-based, and want it to host services.  The problem is I cannot
require Axis on some of the known consumers, so I can't require all the clients to use TCP.

Ideally, I would like to define multiple endpoints for the same service logic - one via tcp,
the other via http.  Is this possible in a console host using Axis2?

Many thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Sr. Software Architect

SAP Labs, LLC