axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Rhimbo <rhi...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to set return type with QName in DII client?
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:17:34 GMT
Can anyone point me to a _good_ explanation of QName?  Specifically,
I'm having trouble setting the return type for a call to a web
service client that returns a Java Bean.

A web service end point returns an instance of "Session", which is
an interface I defined.  Actually it returns an instance of
"PlayerSession", which is a Java Bean that implements the "Session"
interface.

I'm trying this:

    String myEndpoint = "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/....."

    Service service = new Service();
    call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new java.net.URL(myEndpoint));
    call.setOperationName("getSession");

    call.addParameter(new QName("uid"),
	              new QName("int"),
                      ParameterMode.IN);
    Integer i1 = new Integer(100);
    call.setReturnType(new QName("Session"));         <--------

    call.invoke(new QName("getSession"), new Object [] {i1});

The line at "<---" is giving me trouble.  What do I enter here?

The org.apache.axis.client.Call Javadoc for
    setReturnType(QName type)
says
    type - QName of the return value type.

(not terribly useful).

The Javadoc for
    setReturnType(QName xmlType,
                  java.lang.Class javaType)
says
    xmlType - - QName of the data type of the return value
    javaType - - Java class of the return value

Hmm.  What is the QName?  What is the "local part" and what is
the namespace URI?

When I execute my client, I get the following exception:

; nested exception is:
        org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

Can anyone point me to some good documentation, something other
than the W3C "Namespaces in XML" document?

Thanks,