axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Marshall, John" <John.Marsh...@originenergy.com.au>
Subject [Axis2] RE: Client-within-server problems
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 06:23:19 GMT
Finally solved my own problem, the system at the other end was not a
proper Web Service and wasn't actually running anything resembling the
WSDL I'd been given. It was more of an HTTP listener that someone had
set up to monitor the traffic.

I created a dummy web service to simulate the other end and my
AxisService immediately cheered up and started working great!

Hi,
I'm trying to develop a request-reply web service, rather like in Figure
4 on this website:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-asynch2/

To do this I'm essentially writing a synchronous web service to do the
first request-ack interaction. During the processing I launch a new
thread that is effectively a client for the other end. I want to send
the response document (which may have taken some time to obtain) back to
the other end.

I have the WSDL of the other end and used it to create a client stub. I
can send my response document to the other end and get the ack back from
it. However, my Stub ALWAYS crashes within the
_operationClient.execute(true);

With a NullPointerException.
I've dug around a bit and it seems to be caused by the
createSOAPMessage() method of the TransportUtils class - the inStream is
always null.

I'm guessing there is something clever I have to do with
message/operation/configuration contexts, but I can't figure it out! The
really weird thing is that despite the AxisFault being thrown, the
document still gets sent!

Can anyone advise what I have to do to be able to behave like a client
within an AxisService?

Thanks for any light you can shed,
John M.